By Laurel and Marty Princeworth| Beacon Foodstuffs contributors
- For Valentine’s Day, buy 45 pounds of roses and lay out a path to your bed for your sweetheart to follow.
- To beat the mid-winter blahs, pick up a dozen chicks from your local farm store and give them the run of the house.
- Fresh lemon squeezed in your sleeping spouse’s eyes as he or she sleeps is a fun way to get them out of bed after a night on the town. But don’t forget to duck!
- Build an observatory on your roof. Invite the neighbors for a night of star gazing.
- Peel an orange and place the slices in your toilet tank to give each flush a bright, citrusy sparkle!